Friday, December 18, 2009

A Child Called "It"


A Child Called "It" is the most inspirational story I have ever read. I recommend this book to young adults because it gives you the courage to keep going because its hard to be a teen and growing up. This book is written by Dave Pelzer and it is based on his life story. Dave is mentally and physically abused by his alcoholic "mother" and she makes him feel like hes nothing. She takes everything out on Dave even when he hasn't done anything wrong and she says he is a "bad boy." This story makes you want to keep reading because there is so much to it and makes you wonder if Dave has enough courage to keep going. Dave to me is someone with the greatest amount of courage that I have ever seen. Dave is just trying to make it through life and survive. I would encourage people that want to be inspired to read this book.

2 comments:

Mrs Van Hout said...

Nice job Meg! I read this too. It is almost incomprehensible to me that something like this can happen. I know when I get down and think I have it bad, I can always think of Dave and how he made it.

Mr. McCabe said...

I really want to read this...