Friday, January 15, 2010

The Lost Boy

The Lost Boy is the inspiring sequel to the bestseller A Child Called "It." The Lost Boy is continuing the story of David Pelzer's life from the age of a teenager all the way to the time when he turns eighteen and becomes an adult. In A Child Called "It" we learn that David is extremely physically and mentally abused by his "mother" and in the sequel The Lost Boy David is having to deal with moving to foster homes numerous times along with learning about life and dealing with his past traumas. David starts doing things for himself like getting a job, taking some responsibility for himself, etc. Will David ever find the loving family hes looking for or will he always feel alone and as if hes an "outcast?" Will he ever find the home he's looking for? I would encourage people that like Dave Pelzer to read this book. I would also encourage those who want to be inspired to read this book because it is a true life experience and it makes you feel like if David can overcome his struggles, then so can you.

  • If I were to rate this book I would rate it a 4 out of 5 because I usually don't like reading but Dave Pelzer's story is so inspirational and the story makes you want to keep reading because its so real and you really understand how children dealing with any form of abuse are being affected but changing there life for the better.






2 comments:

Mrs Van Hout said...

I read this book, too. It is very inspirational! It's hard for me to imagine this could really happen. Sometimes I think I live in a bubble!

Mr. McCabe said...

What makes this book inspirational? How do people overcome such great difficulties?