Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Gunslinger, The Dark Tower l


The Gunslinger, The Dark Tower l is the first book in the Dark Tower series written by one of America's favorite authors, Stephen King. This amazing book is one of the best book's I've read in for a while and it all feature's fantasy, western, horror and science fantasy all mixed and twisted together making it an awesome book. It all begins by introducing Roland Deschain, the last Gunslinger, and his pursuit for the "Man in Black" which has lasted for many years. The beginning of the book also starts to describe the world in the book as if it were similar too the old west but is an complete mirror of our world today. His quest for the Dark Tower drives him and keeps him going but is filled with many obstacles which also glues the reader too the book making the reader not want too let the book down. There's a lot of great action, adventure and drama in the book, for example, through a flashback of Roland's past in a town called Tull, the whole town turns on him because of the "Man in Black". In order too survive The Gunslinger was forced too kill every resident in the town, including his lover, Alice. This part is just one out of many parts filled with action and drama that makes it such a amazing book.
I give this book a 10 out of 10! The book just made me read more and more because of its intensity, the whole storyline and the vivid descriptions of the book really just brought me in the world of the Gunslinger.

http://www.stephenking.com/index.html

http://www.stephenking.com/DarkTower/the_books.html

2 comments:

Mr. McCabe said...

I'm so glad you like the book. The series is great! Your blogs are well written. I truly enjoy reading them. Glad your enjoying what you're doing in CORE Charter Zeus.

Mrs Van Hout said...

Wow Zeus! I'm really glad when I hear how much a student enjoys a book. I'm glad you Love to read! Personally, I don't think I would enjoy this book at all....but I'm HAPPY you do!!