Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Night Prey

Night Prey is the 6th book in the fast paced "Prey"series of John Sanford. My sister-in-law gave me the 3rd book called Eyes of Prey which I read and loved. Because of that book, I decided to continue with the series. Each book so far has been about a Minneapolis detective searching for a serial killer. Lucas Davenport is a street wise detective who has the ability to think like a criminal. He is the protagonist in each of the books. This book follows Lucas Davenport and his staff as they figure out the clues to try and catch the manic who is dropping bodies all over the Minneapolis area. In Night Prey the serial killer goes after quiet, ordinary women who kind of blend in with society. This guy is smart. He's had some experience and knows how not to leave clues/evidence behind, that is until he becomes fixated on a woman named Sara Jensen. He begins making some mistakes, and that's all Davenport needs to figure out the puzzle. This read kept me on the edge until the end. The ending was not what I was expecting at all. John Sanford is my new favorite author. I would recomend this book to anyone who likes excitement and suspense.

2 comments:

Mr. McCabe said...

We should get his books in the CORE Charter Library

Mrs Van Hout said...

Yes we should. I think the some of the students would enjoy them.