Monday, October 12, 2009

I Am The Messenger By Markus Zusak

I am the Messenger by Markus Zusak is a great read. I have read Zusak's other book, The Book Thief, and named it one of my favorites, so I was excited to read his other well-known book. This book is about a guy named Ed Kennedy. The exposition starts off with Ed and his friends in a bank robbery. Ed pretty much saves the day by catching the robber, which he later goes on to regret. Why? Because there are some pretty odd things happening to Ed. Things like, he is getting playing cards (Ace's in fact) in the mail with little messages on them that he has to figure out to help the people it was meant to help. Ed finds there are good and bad people in the world, and what that truly means. Nineteen year old Ed Kennedy will take the reader on a trip that will never be forgotten. He has four suites to go through with three names on it each. He goes through the mystery of figuring the names out then of finding the people and what he has to do to help them and then the last and final question, Who is behind it all? Figure it out and read the great story, I Am The Messenger.

3 comments:

Mr. McCabe said...

I really enjoyed this book as well! Thanks for linking me to the authors website. It's been updated or it's new. I'll be able to use it next time I teach The Messenger (Original title in the Australian release- which I actually like better). Thanks for posting!

Mrs Van Hout said...

I'm going to read this. You make it sound really interesting!

Mel u said...

I loved "I am the Messenger"-it is sort of over shadowed by "The Book Thief" but it is a wonderful book-
I have posted on it on my blog and thank you for sharing your insights into the book.