Thursday, November 6, 2008

Boot Camp


I just finished a book called Boot Camp by Todd Strasser. This book was amazing. I loved every minute of it. Im not a big reader but, spent 2 full Core Charter days reading the book straight that should really tell you something. This book is about a high schooler named Garrett. He is kiddnapped by a guy his parents hired to bring him to a place called Harmony Lake. This is a place for only "troubled teens". Garrett is very mad that his parents would ever do such a thing to him and he keeps wondering why they sent him here. Harmony Lake is pretty much a prison for teenagers. Everyone attending this "correction facility" has to speak to the camp directors as sir. If you do not they throw you in a concrete room and you have to lay face down on the floor as they beat you. Thats also how you sleep in that room. Its a hard time for Gerrett in the book. The only way he can graduate from this place is if he can live up to there standards of "matters". But he doesnt make there requiements and he can't stand to be there anymore. This book kept me on edge the whole time. And i just could not stop reading this book. I can really say it was one of my favorite books ever read. I say you read this book if you like surprising books. I give this book 10 out of 10

1 comment:

Mrs Van Hout said...

Sounds like a great read Josh.
After reading your post, I'm going to check out Boot Camp! I've seen camps like this on TV and they seem scary and unreal!